injury lawyers

Slip and Fall Lawyers in Utah

Many types of fall injuries can occur on an unsafe property. Property owners in Utah have a legal duty to maintain their property in a safe condition and to repair, replace or warn of foreseeable hazards that pose an unreasonable risk of injury. Unfortunately, injuries may still occur. Depending on the circumstances, a person who is injured on another’s property may have a legal right to seek compensation for medical bills, lost wages and other expenses. It is important to have a Utah slip and fall lawyer review the details of how your injury occurred and explain your legal options. You should not have to pay medical bills for an injury caused by a property owner’s disregard for safety.

Attorney Ron Kramer has been helping people with premises liability claims in Utah for two decades. By drawing legal attention to unsafe property conditions, we are confident that we are making our community safer for all families and preventing others from sustaining injuries. The slip and fall lawyers at Kramer Law Group, located in West Jordan, provide trusted and ethical legal guidance to clients who have been injured on an unsafe property.

Our commitment to delivering outstanding legal service to each client includes a 30-day, no fee guarantee. If you are not satisfied with the level of service you receive from Kramer Law Group during the first month, you will not be billed in any way for the work that has been done on your behalf. Our attorneys at Kramer Law Group provide free and confidential consultations about premises liability claims. Contact our firm today at 801-252-5630 or contact us online.

Is the Home/Business/Property Owner Responsible if I Slipped on Their Property?

The owner of the home, business or other property in Utah where a slip and fall accident occurred may be liable for your injuries. It depends on a variety of factors including the status of the person who was injured and whether the injured person was partially at fault.

Utah premises liability law takes into account whether the slip and fall injury victim was a social guest to the property, a customer at a store or a trespasser who entered the property without consent. The property owner’s legal duty depends in part on the status of the person.

  • Invitee — A customer at a retail store is an example of an invitee. A property owner has a legal duty to protect a customer who visits the property that is open to the public from dangers that the customer may be unlikely to recognize. The property owner has a responsibility to repair, replace or provide adequate warning to the invitee of the hazardous condition.
  • Licensee — Someone who is specifically invited onto the property by the owner, such as a social guest, is known in legal terms as a licensee. The property owner has a legal responsibility to correct the hazard or provide adequate warning to a guest of the unsafe condition.
  • Trespasser—A trespasser is someone who enters the property without any right or consent by the owner. A property owner may be liable for any serious injury or death of a trespasser under certain limited conditions such as if the trespasser is a child and the property owner had an artificial hazard such as a swimming pool that he should have known would attract children.

Often injuries occur because the store or property does not have signs warning of a hazard. As part of proving a slip and fall case, the lawyers at Kramer Law Group gather evidence to show that the property owner had a legal duty to you and failed to uphold that duty. These can be complex cases with lots of moving parts and require an experienced attorney to weigh all the contributing factors and evidence.

Am I Entitled to Compensation for My Medical Expenses?

If the property owner failed to correct an unsafe condition or warn adequately about it and you were invited onto the property and sustained an injury, you may have a right to seek compensation for your medical expenses.

As part of our review of your injury, we will determine whether the specific facts of your slip and fall accident support a claim for medical expenses and other expenses.

If you were partly responsible for your injury, you may still be entitled to seek compensation, under Utah’s legal doctrine of comparative fault. You may be entitled to recover compensation as long as your own fault was less than that of the property owner.

Should I Contact an Attorney?

 You should contact a lawyer to discuss whether you have a valid slip and fall claim. Each slip and fall case depends on the specific evidence. It is important to have a lawyer review your injury as soon as possible and preserve evidence before it is lost or destroyed.

A property owner may move quickly to repair a hazardous condition after a slip and fall injury. By making the repairs, the property owner may destroy evidence of the hazardous condition.

At Kramer Law Group, we have applied our experience and knowledge of premises liability law to help many clients receive fair settlements after serious injuries. We can discuss your case and legal options today if you call 801-252-5631 or contact us online.

Million Dollar Advocates Forum

“They were very kind, attentive, I liked how they are and how they supported me. Many Thanks.”

Contact Us for a

Free Consultation

Meet Our Attorneys

Ron Kramer

Read More

Blake Johnson

Read More

Brian Hills

Read More

Case Results

Jury Verdict in
Car Accident*


*Please note that past results do not constitute a guarantee, warranty or prediction regarding your case.

More Case Results

Associations & Memberships

We’re Social! Connect with Us.

Call Us for a Free Consultation


Four Locations to Meet You

We serve clients throughout the entire State of Utah.

West Jordan (Main Office)

8783 S. Redwood Rd. Suite C
West Jordan, UT 84088
Phone: 801-601-1229

Orem (Virtual)

887 W. Center St.
Orem, Utah 84057
Phone: 801-374-7445

Meetings Only

Bountiful (Virtual)

503 West 2600 South Suite 200
Bountiful, Utah 84010
Phone: 801-553-8840

Meetings Only

Ogden (Virtual)

3500 Harrison Blvd.
Ogden, Utah 84403
Phone: 801-553-8840

Meetings Only